Jasser Khemiri (San Antonio FC)

• «Had 19 clearances. Considering the league leader for a CB is averaging around 7, it's a pretty crazy tally from the Tunisian, who was strong on his debut despite the long time out.»

«Imagine if he wasn't hurt at the beginning of the season... I was very impressed with his composure in his first @MLS start.»

«The one where he played him offside shows how smart he's.»

«Could've gotten that? He froze there and thought it was going wide.»

«50 yard strike/pass. Two footed challenge. Amazing last ditch recovery tackle. Yellow card. On camera fixing his hair. Monstrous header.»

«With a solid 90 min defending but also showed vision starting the counter attack finding visionary.»

«Monster performance.»

«Wasn’t amazing in his debut, but he definitely has a raw potential which is exciting.»

«Seemed very calm on the ball.»

«Just one game but looks solid.»

«At the origin of Vancouver's winning goal.»

«He was one of the best player in the match.»

«A keeper.»

«Might already be my favourite #VWFC player.»

«Lateral movement could use some work.»

• «Became a bit of a running joke over the year, with his mythical recovery flumoxing both fans and reporters alike. Despite being rumored to have been close to full fitness back in July, he didn't make his first appearance in the starting 18 until earlier this month. Sunday, obviously, was his first actual minutes for the Caps. The results were certainly a mixed bag. As forced to reckon with one of the most talented attackers in the league. Speed and deft touch was clearly a step above what Khmiri was used to. Turned things around, showing his skillset. His raw athletic ability is clear helps him recover even when he isn’t in the best position. He also was strong aerially. Some things stood out to us. Physicality, he's 6’4 and that is noticeable in how he plays. On a key chance, forcing it to send a header well over the bar which would've given them a late lead. Liked how comfortable he looked with the ball at his feet, a key component for a CB our system. These elements make him a pretty natural fit. Is going to have some rough patches adjusting to a new league. Giving him a full preseason will be a big boost. But, in the meantime, the Caps’ defense has the makings of the cornerstone to this rebuild. Khmiri’s return only serves to solidify that fact.»

• «Probably start every game if he is fit. He's a class above any of our existing CBs, in the glimpses we've seen of him so far.»

«Khmiri looked terrible.»

«Not a carbon copy, perhaps, but some of the same issues kept coming back: bad giveaways (Khmiri, I'm looking at you!)»

«One positive is I really liked Khmiri.»

«I said last week that Khmiri hasn't convinced me, but I thought he had a decent performance.»

«Khmiri had a shaky start with a few lose balls but grew into it.»

«The winner of the hair contest- Khimiri has a style all his own and he shows a good ability to move the ball with passes to our MF.»

• Et en francais sa donne quoi 🤔

• Thought Khmiri was shaky a tad in his passing but his defensive game was great. Clearance monster.

Khmiri is better than I thought.

Khmiri will forever be the Brady Bunch.

Khemiri looked composed tonight.

• «Jasser Khmiri a joué 66% de ses matchs en MLS contre LA Galaxy.»

«Très bien. La semaine dernière il a été bien meilleur. Il a encore fait le travail et la défense à été très solide. Il gagne des points.»

• La3meyel ili ya3melha... Il s'est fait attraper en ne respectant pas le confinement. Kawar barra m3ah es7abou fil 7adi9a... Suspension de quatorze jours e5dhé...

Mella bouhali...

Me5alenich 3la ra7ti hedha...

Participate now!

Vous n’avez pas encore de compte? Inscrivez-vous maintenant et faites partie de notre communauté!