Hannibal Mejbri (FC Séville)

• «Looks like a fantastic prospect. His prowess as an all-round CM. It's quite clear that physicality is an asset that he has utilized quite well. Hope he can bulk himself up and become physically imposing at PL level in the coming years.»

«This kid has the intangibles down pat. Strength, control, temperament and of course wonderful technique. He's a unique talent who'll truly blossom with similarly intelligent players around him.»

«Absolutely at another level. Yeah it could go wrong but from what I'm seeing he looks amazing.»

«Incredible talent. As good as it gets. Hopefully attitude matches it.»

«He should be played slightly deeper because he's a player in the classic player-maker mould that has the ability to dictate the tempo of the game.»

«Has far superior potential on the ball and opens/sees angles and passing lanes. Hopefully he doesn't let me down because I have high hope for him.»

«This kid has been talked about too much. He’s still just a kid, an unpolished jade. Let us cool down a bit and witness his evolution without making too much noise around him.»

«It's interesting we've been playing him in the number 6 role to try and have him work on his defending, but you can tell he'll be an 8 or 10 down the line. Genuinely hope he can keep a decent attitude about him.»

«He's quite big already — 1,82 meters tall (not even counting his hair) and has some muscle on. And he's not a number 10, he plays all over midfield and gets stuck in a lot.»

«Mejbri is more mobile and technically more proficient.»

• «The kid has got undoubted talent and also a bit of devil to his personality that all the top players have! However, he has been getting shoved about a bit at U23 level and his performance dips in the last quarter of most games I’ve watched him so would say he’s still a year away from getting any first team minutes! Great prospect though!»

«I'm intrigued to see how Mejbri develops. I've seen him play maybe 10 times now across the U18s and U23s. He has a bit of everything, but his real exciting part is his dribbling. Mejbri has plenty of competition to overcome.»

«His dribbling looks very good from a technical level. The amount of times he wriggles free in tight spaces and actually beats his man with the ball completely under his spell is very impressive.»

«Comes across as an exceptionally gifted Brazilian style volante who impacts the game in a myriad ways as a steering wheel, and maybe a deep-lying playmaker in the future when he is not as mobile, rather than a pigeon-holed central attacking midfielder. Great overall technique and and an air of refinement (perhaps that lends credence to the #10 theory), press-resistant and deceptively strong and proactive with his dribbling and movement, industrious and stubborn in-and-out of possession, and pretty freakin' groovy in half-spaces.»

«He gets kicked in most games, he’s got very quick feet specially on the turn.»

«In fairness, Mejbri does well against much older kids than him, but it's still very different from grown men. I'd be shocked to see him play any games this season. I'm sure they're working on bulking him up, but it's a long process depending on your genes and body type. He has the talent and ability to contribute right now, but that'll get negated by his lack of physical strength if you're playing in the middle of the park.»

«He’s an all-rounder, but a very high level one. Not one of the often traditional PL types of all round CMs, which typically means big engine, tough tackling and a captain’s armband, but so much more potentially.»

«Does everything. He appears to be the type of a player who will always be a fan fav whichever club he plays at. Loves to get stuck in from what I've seen. Especially makes him suited for England.»

«Has very high potential to become a controlling/dictating type of midfielder due to his passing/vision which looks to be of a very high calibre.»

«I think most of it depends on how he can cope with physicality. You don't want to throw a fragile kid against men.»

• «Very composed under pressure. Impressive decision making for such a young kid.»

«I'm already worried that we won't be able to keep hold of him in the long run, he's that good. I seriously hope we can sort ourselves out over the next couple of years because we've got some cracking young players coming through and they deserve a good platform to ease them in to the first team when the time comes. And I don't think that'll be long at all in Mejbri's case.»

«Hannibal has time on his side so I'm not expecting him to be thrown in this year, though I'm very excited to see him develop.»

«His profile of player is exactly what we're lacking at first team level. But it'll be interesting to see how he does if he gets minutes.»

«With the position he plays and the size he's at the moment, I don't think he'll be featuring for another year or two at least and rightly so, once he looks like a big fish in a small pond in the U23 league then he'll be ready.»

«I guess there's a good chance he might go with the first team on tour next summer as a lot of players will probably miss the start of pre season.

«Mejbri was excellent again too, there was talk of him been moved up to the first team with all the injuries, don't see it personally but wouldn't be surprised if he goes on the tour in the summer. Excellent prospect.»

«He's not ready for that yet, physically if nothing else. Off the bench in a League Cup game maybe.»

«This lad is the most promising player in the academy and next season I'd expect to at least see him get some minutes as a sub in cup games and possibly feature in EL group games if this season is cancelled and we’ve to do it all over again.»

«Yeah I think we probably won’t see him until season 2021-22, would be surprised to see him next year in the first team. Think he needs a year of getting a little stronger and cementing his place in the U23’s. He oozes class - would love to see him kick on and get a shot next year at least in the league cup but I think the next season after that is more realistic.»

• »His tenacity is unbelievable.»

«I think Mejbri will have more to his game though. Definitely more athletic and seems like he's going to be defensively more astute.»

«The frustration is that in terms of profile, he's exactly the type of player we need in the first team right now, more than a new 10 in my opinion. A technical but hardworking 8 that can move around the pitch, circulating the ball and knitting the play together. Not necessarily there to give the last pass, but to support both the 6 and the 10 in equal measure.»

«He's able to make space for himself and makes everything look easy. Real signs of a top class midfielder here.»

«I'd start by bringing him on at the end of games this season and see where’s he’s at. He looks like a phenomenal talent and he’ll be far too good for the u23s this time next year if he keeps improving at the same rate and stays injury free.»

«I personally think he'll be an all action 8. He's got the aggression and work rate to play deeper in midfield, but he's got the calmness and agility required to play closer to goal.»

«I think with the way he turns quickly and ghosts past players with quick acceleration he will be a bit deeper.»

«He's the perfect mixture of skill and hard work, and clearly has a footballing brain. It's probably a tiny bit early for first team football but he's not far off getting minutes.»

«Within the space of a few months he’s already proven too good for the U18’s and now possibly our U21’s too! I think he’s a hell of a player. Has the time on the ball that only the very best seem to have.»

«Mejbri is too good for the U18s I think and would gain nothing from playing against that competition. And because he looks more than capable of holding his own physically against the reserves, it must've been obvious to the coaches for him to advance.»

• «He's not far of from joining the team but the coaching staff are being extra careful with him and don't want to rush him too early is what I was told by some of the lads who attend games at youth level.»

«A player of his style and ability will need careful handling while in his teens. Hope we introduce him slowly with good protection around him.»

«Looks good to me, great touch, passing, vision and shielding of the ball in tight spaces. Love the grit and the closing down.»

«No where near ready for first team IMO. I may be proved wrong but in the U18's games I've seen he has struggled to impose himself. The lad clearly has talent and in 18 months when he has developed more physically and adjusted to English football, we may see a step up.»

«I know it's hard to tell with youth players and (for me at least) in particular midfielders but my god he looks an absolute shoe-in to make it.»

«Looks very tidy on the ball, looking forward to see how he develops.»

«With the way we play I'm worried if he can physically cope with the EPL. It’s very unfortunate, you don’t need to be strong to play at the EPL but our style of play requires you to be strong.»

«He's got a good big frame. Should be a solid lad once he fills out.»

«Really promising. Seems always in control and looking for the best option.»

«Looks like a very neat player. Be interesting to see how he progresses.»

• «I'm surprised with Mejbri so far, I'd heard he had a big reputation in France but he's taken to the English football like a duck to water. To be honest, he actually reminds me a bit of a "classic" British all-action CM but with more finesse, I've only seen half of a season of him and I already think he's brilliant. Needs some protection from the referees though, the poor guy gets kicked all over the fecking show.»

«He's a old school playmaking type with excellent vision and creativity with the added ability of controlling the tempo of a game with his superb passing ability IMO. Could be developed as a deep lying playmaker aswell as a playmaking #8.»

«Hannibal is already probably a couple of inches taller and will hopefully develop other facets of his game due to his height. But having said that, Hannibal seems more than fine as far as being agile goes.»

«Looks a cut above the rest. Technically superb, great passing, tenacious in the tackle and looks to have a good work rate. Hopefully we don't feck up his development and he's in the first team within a couple of years.»

«The kid is going to have to learn that he can't ref the game like he probably could in France, or he'll get carded every match, but his talent is obvious.»

«Been impressed so far, the last bit I’m just looking for is that real dribbling ability. If I see that, I’d be fully excited. Right now his technique and passing range look good. That little shuffle and drag-back to evade opposing midfielders would add a dimension to his game that'll separate him from most of the rest, when combined with the rest of his game.»

«I've seen some great prospects with the academy that never made the big step up. So I'll await to see if he makes it first, before I judge.»

«Mejbri can do all of it from what I've seen. He plays long balls, line breaking passes, can dribble, can shield the ball, can tackle and win the ball.»

«I'd like to think he'd be a brilliant all-round midfielder and look like the type of midfielder who can control the matches.»

«We need this kid to step up now.»

«He seems a very well rounded player. Doesn't have many obvious weaknesses which is a great thing. I like that he's aggressive, I suspected he might be a bit "light weight" and more of a fancy dan, but it's the opposite. He seems a proper central midfielder.»

«Plays with his head up, does the simple things well, passes quickly and glides across the pitch.»

«Mejbri is by no means a regular 10.»

«He takes too many risks to be a no.6.»

• Aya fih el barka.

J'ai pris le temps de faire toutes mes premières lectures de ce qui est des avis des supporteurs mancuniens. J'en ferais d'autres en temps et lieu.

En espérant que j'aurai l'occassion de voir en direct ses matches dans un avenir rapproché pour avoir un aperçu global.

• Des échos qui reviennent du petit, il aura tout le monde à ses pieds.

Il a été surclassé pour son age et joue dans la dernière des catégorie jeunes, l'antichambre des seniors.

• Ces parents sont 100% tunisiens mais ils disaient dans un reportage pour la chaîne tunisienne que leur fils est un grand espoir du football français a partir de là je pense que c'est mort

• Son frere assure que Hannibal n’a toujours pas fait son choix définitif quant à sa sélection.

Son frère m'a dit la même chose, mais il faut juste être réaliste 2 minutes.

A partir du moment où tu as un "choix à faire" c'est que tu l'as déjà fait implicitement.

Si tu veux choisir la Tunisie c'est strictement du coeur, et tu le sais de suite, il n'y a pas de choix à faire.

Donc ensuite sportivement parlant, ça sera comme pour tous les bi-nationaux et il viendra chez nous si en France c'est compliqué et/ou que le timing nous est favorable à un instant T (ex : participer à une CDM).

L'Algérie et le Maroc ont mis énormément d'argent sur la table pour changer les choses. On en a pas les moyens et en plus notre vivier est limité.

• La seule satisfaction qu'on peut en tirer de leur mauvais choix, c'est que tous les tunisiens qui ont choisi la France ont échoué:

Hatem Ben Arfa

Sabri Lamouchi

Wissem Ben Yedder (une belle carotte pour le mondiale 2018)

Si Hannibal Mejbri fait le choix de la France, vous verrez que le Jackson Five ne dérogera pas à la règle, il échouera aussi. ;)

• Je trouve pas que c’est une satisfaction qu’ils échouent tous, personnellement je lui souhaite le meilleur qu’il choisisse la France ou la Tunisie. Bien évidemment je préférerais la Tunisie.

Participate now!

Vous n’avez pas encore de compte? Inscrivez-vous maintenant et faites partie de notre communauté!