[Jeux olympiques Tokyo 2021] : Suivi des Athlètes Tunisiens

• Quelle joie, franchement bravo à lui, il a redonner le moral aux tunisiens lui et Jendoubi, il faut investir massivement dans la natation on a de vrais talents dans le pays. Même dans les sports de combat on a de vrais combattants mais il manque de l'infrastructure et de l'encadrement.

• MEN'S 400 FREE

Last evening two underdogs surprised the field as Henning Muhlleitner and Felix Aubock finished 1-2 in the heats respectively, the only ones clocking 4:43s in the evening. If that was a surprise, then how we should describe Ahmed Hafnaoui’s swim in the final? The Tunisian barely made the cut, he was just 0.14sec ahead of the 9th seeded. Then, swimming on lane 8 this morning, he just kept going.

Everyone waited the Aussies’ breakawayElijah Winnington and Jack McLoughlin had ousted Olympic title-holder Mack Horton at the trials in June so the expectations were high but… Only McLoughlin reached the necessary gear and for a while he seemed to have it. Italy’s Gabrielle Detti, bronze medallist at the last three majors, also struggled, just like the Saturday evening heroes, Muhlleitner and Auboeck. Hafnaoui? He just did not fade away. Many expected that this miracle would not last after 200m. Or 250m. No, he should fall back for the last 300m.

But Hafnaoui didn’t slow down. On the contrary, McLoughlin could not hold on while the Tunisian managed to pull one last gear and reached the wall 0.16sec ahead of the field, giving his country the second Olympic gold in the pool after Oussama Mellouli’s 1500m free win in Beijing 2008. McLoughlin finished second and US’ Kieran Smith earned the bronze next to Hafnaoui, on lane 7. These were the only three with times of 3:43. Muhlleitner and Aubock finished tied 4th, Detti came 6th and world rank leader Winnington dropped to 7th. He still tops that chart with 3:42.65 from the Aussie trials. But that was then – this is the Olympics, where only racing counts. And in that Hafnaoui was simply outstanding.

hat was his initial reaction. Later, at the press conference he added:In the second 200m I felt great in the water, I could go fast. It was a great fight at the end. Of course, I surprised myself… When I touched the wall and saw that I was first… Amazing! I was in tears on the podium, seeing the flag of my country and the anthem… It was great…”

"I normally wear glasses so I was pretty far out of it. When I saw what I came in the heats I was, like, this is perfect, because that was going to be my race plan. I knew those boys had real big back ends (latter part of the race) so I was trying to get out in front and just say, 'chase me' and it almost paid off” McLoughlin said.

"I couldn't really see all the way over (to lane eight). I could see some splashes and I could see the middle of the pool moving at me (during) the last 100m, but I was just trying to hold on. I didn't really breathe the last 10m and I was kind of sinking at the end, so got there in the end."

"I am super stoked for second, a little annoyed I didn't get the win. It was my first international medal. Last year I was pretty close to quitting, so to be here now is pretty surreal and I'm very happy." the Aussie runner-up concluded.

• FTN et CNOT ne pouvaient pas dépenser un peu plus pour un jeu présentable lors des remises des médailles?

Le petit on dirait il a gagné un meeting regional

Pour les photos ils sont presents c'est sur

Participate now!

Vous n’avez pas encore de compte? Inscrivez-vous maintenant et faites partie de notre communauté!