Coin des supporters Egyptiens 🇪🇬

• It's not smart at all for an African country. That's why Egypt is close to default.

1. First you should only build infrastructure to address bottlenecks. Is building a city in the dessert and a 90k stadium to bid for Olympics the biggest economic bottleneck of Egypt? Even this stadium alone does it have a tenancy plan? No it doesn't.

2. African countries finance these projects by borrowing foreign currency. Typically these projects are not viable and do not stimulate export growth so the country's budget is constrained to pay debt. Which means you have less money for development and you end up in a vicious cycle.

3. Egypt does not have the social or economic environment to stimulate anything. The military and crony capitalism is the norm in Egypt. Like this dessert city is being built by the friends of Sisi using public money a great deal at the expense of Egyptian people. What you need is more economic freedom so people can innovate and most competitive companies can win. This goes hand in hand with socio-political freedom. Egypt does not have this.

I have not enough knowledge about this project in the desert. What I know is that Egypt contemplates to organise the Olympic games. If Egypt is appointed as the country organiser of such Olympic games, the return on invest will be high for sure.

On the other hand, I think that there are a lot of projects in Egypt, not only this city in the desert. At my point of view, investments are always good for the economy. Investments are also a good sign when you analyse the economy of a country due to the fact that it will have a positive impact for the economic growth at term which will then be beneficial for the population.

So, I recognize that the system in Egypt - in particular regarding the role of the military - is not favourable anymore. What I hope is that some funds and/or holdings held by rich Egyptian individuals and/or private equity actors will invest a lot in different key sectors of the economy such as telecommunications, infrastructures, green energy, railways, motorways, real estate, agriculture, tourism, manufactures,… this is the way of success today in our world.

• Tunisia has the highest quality of life in North Africa. Algeria, the closet, doesn't have a vibrant private sector. Don't be fooled by flashy infrastructure projects that don't benefit the masses.

Keep lying to yourself, you never lived in Tunisia.

This venue is a waste of money. I don't know why you praise it. The stadium has no tenant. Even if they do host the Olympics who will use this before and after it?

Where are our stadiums then?? Zero, please stop it, look at our country befor trying to blame a country which had succed in this project, comparing to us we had nothing, we are just good at criticizing.

• Tunisian216 - Peux-tu stp khouya nous donner aussi d’autres informations en lien avec les divers investissements dans le pays outre la cite olympique ? Il me semble que l’Egypte investit massivement dans de nombreux secteurs clĂ©s…

• I have not enough knowledge about this project in the desert. What I know is that Egypt contemplates to organise the Olympic games. If Egypt is appointed as the country organiser of such Olympic games, the return on invest will be high for sure.

On the other hand, I think that there are a lot of projects in Egypt, not only this city in the desert. At my point of view, investments are always good for the economy. Investments are also a good sign when you analyse the economy of a country due to the fact that it will have a positive impact for the economic growth at term which will then be beneficial for the population.

So, I recognize that the system in Egypt - in particular regarding the role of the military - is not favourable anymore. What I hope is that some funds and/or holdings held by rich Egyptian individuals and/or private equity actors will invest a lot in different key sectors of the economy such as telecommunications, infrastructures, green energy, railways, motorways, real estate, agriculture, tourism, manufactures,… this is the way of success today in our world.

1. FIFA and IOC usually take all the benefits and the host country bears the costs. That's why you see developed countries shun the Olympics. And that's why it is always important to discuss legacy of the venue. For example the London Olympics stadium is now filled every week by West Ham. Developing countries hosting these events is a waste of public money. This stadium has no tenant and cannot finance itself anyway. Why is Egypt building a stadium for IOC instead of for use by Egyptians?

2. There's investment and there's misallocation of public money. Egypt is close to defaulting. It's mega project in the desert has only made the public finance situation worse. There's a reason why the original gulf partners pulled out of this project. It is only enriching Sisi and his friends not the common Egyptian.

3. Rich people in Egypt at that level already benefit from crony capitalism. You're not going to get this kind of private sector development without free markets or highly competent supervision by the government.

• Keep lying to yourself, you never lived in Tunisia.

Where are our stadiums then?? Zero, please stop it, look at our country befor trying to blame a country which had succed in this project, comparing to us we had nothing, we are just good at criticizing.

1.Its factual. Tunisia private sector and export composition is as diversified as Morocco. It also has living standards comparable to Algeria. All kind of data prove this. For example just recently ILO released data on proportion of working poor and Tunisia had the least with Algeria in North Africa.

2.Tunisia lack of stadiums is partly due to poor maintenance. Japan, Korea have stadiums from the 1980 and 1990s that are still in good condition. In any case, if you're government is short on money would you want them to spend it in stadiums or other priority objectives? If you want stadiums you could always privatize your league and if lucrative investors will come and build them.

• 1. FIFA and IOC usually take all the benefits and the host country bears the costs. That's why you see developed countries shun the Olympics. And that's why it is always important to discuss legacy of the venue. For example the London Olympics stadium is now filled every week by West Ham. Developing countries hosting these events is a waste of public money. This stadium has no tenant and cannot finance itself anyway. Why is Egypt building a stadium for IOC instead of for use by Egyptians?

2. There's investment and there's misallocation of public money. Egypt is close to defaulting. It's mega project in the desert has only made the public finance situation worse. There's a reason why the original gulf partners pulled out of this project. It is only enriching Sisi and his friends not the common Egyptian.

3. Rich people in Egypt at that level already benefit from crony capitalism. You're not going to get this kind of private sector development without free markets or highly competent supervision by the government.

I see what you mean but we have to ask what is the interest of Egypt government in building this stadium for example ? It seems not reasonnable to believe that the government is going to invest so money at loss.

Are you sure that there is not any public authority which supervise the financial sector ?

• I see what you mean but we have to ask what is the interest of Egypt government in building this stadium for example ? It seems not reasonnable to believe that the government is going to invest so money at loss.

Are you sure that there is not any public authority which supervise the financial sector ?

Sisi is not reasonable. Read this report for example see how ill thought these projects are. There's a big difference. Brazil hosted world cup and used those stadiums to bring league attendance average to 30,000. South Africa build them like Morocco and Egypt will do to achieve nothing.

https://pomed.org/publication/…w-administrative-capital/

• Tunisian216 - Peux-tu stp khouya nous donner aussi d’autres informations en lien avec les divers investissements dans le pays outre la cite olympique ? Il me semble que l’Egypte investit massivement dans de nombreux secteurs clĂ©s…

Le transport avec le TGV comme le Maroc dont ils ont été inspiré sans langue de bois (en construction), ainsi que des nouvelles lignes de train et de métros, construction d'une nouvelle capitale New Cairo plus de 60 milliards de dollars avec un quartier d'affaires, un nouvel aéroport, de nouveaux bâtiments gouvernementaux; il y a aussi augmentation du canal de Suez, tourisme avec les nouvelles construction dans le sud et le nouveau Sharm el Cheikh, augmentation du budget militaire mais bon ça c'est comme d'habitude et surtout le sport avec le nouveau village olympique puisqu'ils visent les JO 2036.

Le pays est en construction total, y'a des travaux partout et les projets sont réels puisque une bonne partie sont sortie de terre et les autres sont en construction.

• Le transport avec le TGV comme le Maroc dont ils ont Ă©tĂ© inspirĂ© sans langue de bois (en construction), ainsi que des nouvelles lignes de train et de mĂ©tros, construction d'une nouvelle capitale New Cairo plus de 60 milliards de dollars avec un quartier d'affaires, un nouvel aĂ©roport, de nouveaux bâtiments gouvernementaux; il y a aussi augmentation du canal de Suez, tourisme avec les nouvelles construction dans le sud et le nouveau Sharm el Cheikh, augmentation du budget militaire mais bon ça c'est comme d'habitude et surtout le sport avec le nouveau village olympique puisqu'ils visent les JO 2036.

Le pays est en construction total, y'a des travaux partout et les projets sont réels puisque une bonne partie sont sortie de terre et les autres sont en construction.

Allah iwoufe9 comme on dit au pays.

• Le transport avec le TGV comme le Maroc dont ils ont Ă©tĂ© inspirĂ© sans langue de bois (en construction), ainsi que des nouvelles lignes de train et de mĂ©tros, construction d'une nouvelle capitale New Cairo plus de 60 milliards de dollars avec un quartier d'affaires, un nouvel aĂ©roport, de nouveaux bâtiments gouvernementaux; il y a aussi augmentation du canal de Suez, tourisme avec les nouvelles construction dans le sud et le nouveau Sharm el Cheikh, augmentation du budget militaire mais bon ça c'est comme d'habitude et surtout le sport avec le nouveau village olympique puisqu'ils visent les JO 2036.

Et si les Emirats et l'Arabie coupe les vannes comment il va faire Sissi ,bon il lui restera la misérable aide des usa de deux milliards pour acheter son silence mais après , de toute façon Sissi n'a pas le choix il est obligé de rester le laquais de la doublette emirats- saoudi et israrl-usa il joue sa survie

• Et si les Emirats et l'Arabie coupe les vannes comment il va faire Sissi ,bon il lui restera la misĂ©rable aide des usa de deux milliards pour acheter son silence mais après , de toute façon Sissi n'a pas le choix il est obligĂ© de rester le laquais de la doublette emirats- saoudi et israrl-usa il joue sa survie

On parle de toute une nation pendant que tu fais une fixette sur un individu…

• Et si les Emirats et l'Arabie coupe les vannes comment il va faire Sissi ,bon il lui restera la misĂ©rable aide des usa de deux milliards pour acheter son silence mais après , de toute façon Sissi n'a pas le choix il est obligĂ© de rester le laquais de la doublette emirats- saoudi et israrl-usa il joue sa survie

Ouai mais c'est pas le cas. Donc tes hypothèses fumeuses n'ont aucun sens.

Ils investissent en Egypte c'est pas gratuit, chacun Ă  y gagner.

En attendant, leurs pays évoluent et l'autre plus haut me parle de démocratie dans un pays sous-développé... lol

• Ouai mais c'est pas le cas. Donc tes hypothèses fumeuses n'ont aucun sens.

Ils investissent en Egypte c'est pas gratuit, chacun Ă  y gagner.

En attendant, leurs pays évoluent et l'autre plus haut me parle de démocratie dans un pays sous-développé... lol

Dans quelques années incha Allah tu verras le résultat.

• Comment il dĂ©fend son premier pays bec et ongle avec une telle verve c'est incroyable

Frère du Kef… tu n’as pas vu les mesmoumin qui luttent soi-disant contre les sionistes alors qu’ils leur ressemblent tout en s’acharnant sur les pays Arabes ? Donc Tunisian216 quand il défend l’Egypte et sa politique d’investissements c’est quand même pas lui le souci.

Les cafards sont tous les mêmes ! après tout, des bani Adam.

• Je dĂ©fend rien, je suis juste dans mes propos. Tu Ă©tais le premier Ă  te plaindre de la situation de la Tunisie après tes vacances et maintenant tu fais ton patriote... LOL quel faux-cul celui la! X/

Je suis réceptif de ce genre de propos.

Si tu veux, il y a du boulot aussi sur le topic Maroc :D

On a besoin d’aide, mdr ! Tout soutien est le bienvenu. Attention toutefois, cela suscitera animosité sans précédent de la part de certains : tu es prévenu.

Participate now!

Vous n’avez pas encore de compte? Inscrivez-vous maintenant et faites partie de notre communauté!